Monday, February 16, 2009

What a weekend!

What a fun weekend! Friday started the excitement.. Aaron got me a highlight and haircut at noon. I went and lightened my hair quite a bit… but it actually looks very natural. Aaron thought I’d be more “blonde” but I wanted to go lighter in steps, so I’ll head back to the salon in May when we’re here for graduation. It was so relaxing and nice!

That night, we went to Denver to see Little Big Town play at the Grizzly Rose, a huge, super fun, very popular country bar. Our friends Philip and Rebekah watched Gabe again- they are so good to us! We thought the concert started at 6, and at about 5:15 and near Castle Rock, I realized that I forgot to print our tickets!! So, we called and found out LBT actually didn’t start performing until TEN (yes, 10 p.m.- crazy!!!) We stopped by Susie and Kelsey’s place to print our tickets and hung out there for about 45 min. It was really fun and great to see them! Then we dropped Gabe off and headed over to Taco John’s for a quick pre-concert meal. We arrived around 8 pm, when the opening band was starting. They were good and did a lot of fun cover songs. While we were waiting, I rode the mechanical bull! Aaron said I did really good. He tried taking a video on his phone but forgot to save it :( Bummer! When I did fall off, I bashed my ankle against the side and have quite the bruise and cut from it! Ouch! Of course I forgot my camera, so we don't have any pictures to document our night! That ALWAYS seems to happen!

We didn’t get back home until around 2 a.m. and (of course) Gabe was up by 7. So, we were very tired Saturday! We hung out around the house until the afternoon when Hollis (another Army wrestling friend) came over. He’s stationed in Korea, so the last time we saw him I was about 3-4 months pregnant. We took him out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner- YUM. They have the best cherry limeades!! Funny to anyone who knows me, considering I don’t like cherry or lime… :) We had to wait for about an hour, so we walked over to the humane society and looked at all the cute pups! They were adorable!

After dinner, we crashed early (7 pm.) We got a good night’s rest and even had a surprise- Phil Simpson called that night! We only talked for a couple of minutes, but it was so great to hear from him, know he is safe, and find out how we can be better friends to him. We miss him a TON- and Gabe misses him even more. Phil and the little man have always had a special relationship- he was the first person to visit Gabey in the hospital and G took to him right away. We can’t wait until he is home and him and Tricia can be together again!

Sunday was church (so good! The sermon was on living a life of worship- hard to constantly do!) and Settlers with Phil and Reb. Today I am working on my paper while Aaron takes care of Gabe- what a good daddy! He even went to the grocery, did laundry, AND dishes!!! I am so spoiled :) Tonight we are having a Settlers marathon with the Johnstons. We LOVE all the new scenarios in Traders and Barbarians. We seriously play almost every day- we’ve all gotten to be quite good!

Gabe turns five months old on Wednesday! My sweet little babe is getting so big. He has a couple of new tricks. He likes to hold his bottle, but not for too long. He also LOVES grabbing and eating his feet- talk about flexibility! Ha ha!



He can also sit by himself for about five minutes. When he gets too excited, he falls over, but he's doing really well for being so little! I might be biased, but he is SO cute...

4 comments:

Erin_C said...

Ohhh . . . sounds like a fun weekend! I think we need pictures of your new hair!

Mily said...

Wow! What a weekend! You need to post pics. I want to see your hair!

Anonymous said...

Not biased at all - he is adorable with a capital A! :)

Emily and Blake Tracy said...

He is so cute...I think he looks like his daddy!