Aaron found out last week he got accepted into officer candidate school to become a transportation officer! This was his number one job choice so we are very excited for him. Anyone who knows Aaron knows he is the most hard working, deserving man in the world. I am so glad the Army recognized this and is offering him this leadership role! He is such a blessing to everyone he meets, and it's no different in his job. He will leave April 5 for four months of training (Gabe and I will move back to Indiana) and then we head to Virginia for a while. After he finishes officer basic in VA, we'll get stationed at our "permanent" base!
To celebrate his new career/pay raise/future in the Army, we met at Texas Roadhouse for dinner. Funny story... we were supposed to meet at Outback Steakhouse, but Aaron didn't realize that and his phone was dead (it never dies, but of course it did this night!) So, my parents, Gabe, and I were all at Outback with drinks while Aaron was at Texas Roadhouse! He eventually called from the restaurant, though, and we left to meet him up there.
During the dinner, he got to open new presents for Gabriel from my Aunt Diana and Uncle Rich... Vikings gear! He was so excited and can't wait until Gabe is big enough to wear the outfit. As much as I hate the Vikes, I must admit the blanket is WONDERFUL- so soft and comfy!! Gabe sleeps on it every night (he won't sleep on the plain pack n' play mattress- too hard I guess!)
Mom and I baked A a cake to end his celebration:
WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU, AARON!! :)
Summertime Sweets
5 weeks ago

1 comments:
Congrats Aaron! That is so wonderful to hear that you got your dream job! I'm sorry to hear that you guys will be moving AGAIN! We will definitely have to keep in touch.
Post a Comment