Well, we spent six hours at the hospital today with Gabe. Poor little guy has an infection :( He had to get blood drawn, a shot, an ultrasound, and a catheter. Not fun! It about killed me when he was screaming from the shot. He gets tears now, and that makes it even harder.
I'm having a little "mommy guilt trip" for having people over so much lately and for taking him out! I hate seeing him sick, so hopefully this will clear up soon and he'll be back to the happy boy he usually is. We have a follow up appointment tomorrow and then another check-up in two weeks.
The doctor saw two abnormal things today, though. She thinks he might have a hernia, and if it hasn't cleared up in two weeks he'll have to get that checked out and fixed. The doctor who did the ultrasound also said that he thought he saw a polyp on Gabe's gall bladder? No clue what that means, but the regular doctor didn't seem concerned, so we'll see...
Yesterday we got Aaron's orders for the three courses he'll be taking to become an officer. Basically, they span from early April until the end of November. He'll be in both Georgia and Virginia during that time. We thought I'd go with him for the three months in VA, but the Army "strongly discourages" it and won't provide us housing, so we decided I'll just be staying in Indiana that whole time! We'll see each other for two weeks at the end of June/early July and for four days in August. It's a great opportunity to save A LOT of money, but it will be soooo hard to be apart- almost like a mini deployment :( Aaron will miss Gabe crawling, walking, and his first birthday. Agh!
Summertime Sweets
5 weeks ago

2 comments:
Poor Gabe! Hope he feels better soon! I know that must have been so scary! I'll be praying for you guys.. hopefully April through Nov. will go by fast!
Oh, i'm so sorry you had to go through that Laura! It's so hard! Hope Gabe feels better soon, and you do too!
Post a Comment