Some quick observations:
1- SWEET TEA. Amazing. Really, truly, amazing. When you go to a restaurant, they ask if you want sweat tea (instead of water, like they do in Indiana.)
2- It's so hot that you walk to your car and are sweaty by the time you get in. HOT.
3- The grocery baggers carry, and unload, all your groceries into your car. Two bags or twenty, it doesn't matter.
*The Army Commissary does this, too, but you have to tip them.... these guys won't let you tip! Southern Hospitality.
4- Did I mention it is hot?
5- Southern accents. Awesome.
6- The Food, with a capital F. I'll probably gain 80 pounds here... in six weeks. No one's counting, right?
7- The grass is tricky. It LOOKS like soft Indiana grass, but it's really pointy and sharp... not nice.
Overall, though, I like it here! I think I'm meant to be a Southern girl :)
Summertime Sweets
5 weeks ago

1 comments:
So, I'm lucky I don't drink tea and can't eat breaded food, because sweet tea and fried food would have caused me to balloon! I love the fall and spring here, but the humidity is killing me. Makes the heat so much hotter!
Post a Comment